Dermal fillers, also known as facial fillers or simply fillers, are used to add volume to skin that has been impacted by age, environmental factors, and genetics. Placed in targeted areas of the face, dermal fillers are very effective at addressing issues such as:
- Fine lines and deep wrinkles
- Hollow or sunken cheeks
- Flat, asymmetrical, or undefined lips
- Laugh lines
- Weak jawline
- Cosmetic nose irregularities
Some dermal fillers can also be used on the back of the hands and on the décolletage. During your initial consultation at our Altamonte Springs office, we will help you determine if a filler can help you reach your goals or if another surgical or nonsurgical cosmetic treatment will work best.
To schedule your consultation at Fiala Aesthetics, please call 407-339-3222 today. We welcome patients from Metro Orlando and all surrounding areas of Central Florida.
“My experience at Dr.Fiala’s office has been Exceptional!!!!! Front desk staff Melinda and Sandra are friendly and knowledgeable. Finance with Denise was a breeze. I would like to thank Sandy, Brittany, Robbye and Kim W. My nurses during my pre-op during surgery and post-op visits. You all made me feel So comfortable and at ease during this whole experience! Thank you, Phi for the natural look with all the fillers and Botox.” Read more of Dr. Fiala’s Testimonials here »
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Dermal Filler Process, Recovery & Results
- Liquid Facelift
- Liquid Rhinoplasty
- Why Choose Us
- Contact Fiala Aesthetics
Types of Dermal Fillers
There are a variety of FDA-approved dermal fillers, each with different concentrations of various active ingredients. The one that will work best for your needs will be dependent on which issues are being addressed and other factors that are unique to your situation. During your consultation, we will carefully listen to your concerns and help you choose the most effective filler from our selection of:
- Juvéderm® and Restylane®: The original hyaluronic (HA) gel products, these trusted and proven options are ideal for correcting nasolabial folds and for plumping the lips
- Refyne® & Defyne®: The newest of the HA gels, these fillers are more flexible, resulting in a more natural appearance. Refyne is designed for maximum flexibility and subtle support for moderate to severe nasolabial folds and facial wrinkles. Defyne is formulated with additional support for the correction of deep folds and wrinkles
- Lyft®: Formally known as Perlane, this gel is designed for a deep injection to address severe facial wrinkles and folds
- Voluma®: An HA gel specifically formulated for filling and lifting the cheeks
- Vollure®: A new generation HA gel specifically formulated for deep wrinkles
- Silk®: An HA gel specifically formulated for the lips and fine lines. It’s a favorite of ours for natural-appearing lip enhancement
- Sculptra®: Sculptra contains poly-L-lactic acid, a liquid form of surgical suture material. It gradually stimulates your body to make new collagen in the treated areas. It is excellent for providing volume to sunken areas of the face – especially the cheeks, the eyebrow, and temples
- Rejuva®: This is a new filler, known technically as the adipose-derived extracellular matrix. It acts like an “off-the-shelf” fat graft. It is helpful for people with fat loss in the face, liposuction irregularities, and depressed scars.
Patient Loyalty Programs
Fiala Aesthetics participates in:
- Brilliant Distinctions, a customer loyalty program from Allergan in which you earn points for discounts on future purchases of Allergan products, including BOTOX® Cosmetic and Latisse®
- ASPIRE, a customer loyalty program from Galderma in which you earn points for discounts on future purchases of Galderma products, including Dysport® and the Restylane line
These reward programs make it easier and more affordable than ever to maintain your dermal filler results. During your consultation, we can discuss these programs and if one may make sense in the reaching of your goals.
Back to Top
The Dermal Fillers Process, Recovery & Results
Dermal fillers at our Med Spa are injected by Phi Nguyen, a Board-Certified Physician Assistant and injection specialist who has been recognized by Galderma, the parent company of Restylane and Sculptra, as one of Florida’s top injectors.
Injections are placed at specific depths in targeted areas of the face to produce ideal results. While this is largely tolerated by our patients, if you are afraid of needles or if you have very sensitive skin, we can discuss options, such as topical numbing, to make you feel more at ease. Most HA fillers have lidocaine in their formulations to help reduce instances of discomfort.
Following treatment, you can expect some bruising and swelling. These issues typically last only for a few days and should not interfere with your ability to perform routine tasks. In fact, many people return to work immediately after receiving treatment.
Some dermal filers provide immediate improvement in volume, but it can take several weeks for others to produce their full results. If you are dissatisfied with your results and you have chosen an HA filler, they can be reversed, though dissatisfaction is rare. Depending on the facial filler you have chosen, you may continue to see results for 12 to 24 months.
Dr. Thomas Fiala offers a range of surgical options that can produce longer lasting results for good candidates who are interested in this approach. We can discuss these options during your initial consultation to make sure you are choosing the most effective service for your needs.
Back to Top
Dermal Fillers vs. Plastic Surgery
Dermal fillers are nonsurgical and minimally invasive. They are designed to add volume and gentle lift to the treatment areas, working with the body to address deficiencies in collagen, hyaluronic acid, and other substances necessary for soft, youthful-looking skin.
Because they offer a gentle lift, some facial fillers can be used to perform a “liquid facelift,” which can improve contours, eliminate lines and wrinkles, and create a consistently attractive appearance. The results from a liquid facelift will not be as noticeable or as long lasting as its surgical alternative, which can produce results for 10 or more years, making repeat injections necessary for continued results. This is where our patient loyalty programs can become very useful.
It should be noted that a surgical facelift will not add volume to the face, making it a poor solution for some issues addressed by fillers. We will cover all of your options during your consultation to make sure you are selecting the treatment – surgical or otherwise – best suited to meet your exact needs.
Similar to a liquid facelift is “liquid rhinoplasty.” With this procedure, fillers are used to add volume and symmetrical contour to the nose. Liquid rhinoplasty can be helpful for patients with minor contour irregularities who could otherwise avoid complex open surgery.
Liquid rhinoplasty cannot correct underlying structural deformities addressed through traditional surgical rhinoplasty, nor can it address issues like septal deviation, uneven nostril sizes, or breathing problems that are often reduced following nose surgery. Liquid rhinoplasty is a cosmetic procedure only and should not be relied on for the medical benefits offered by surgical restructuring of the nose.
Nonsurgical options cannot offer the same results as surgical alternatives. This does not diminish their efficacy or make them secondary choices, however. For good candidates, dermal fillers offer the perfect solution and may even be more useful than surgical intervention, particularly in the treating of sunken and hollow skin, fine lines, and deep wrinkles.
Back to Top
Why Choose Us
Fiala Aesthetics utilizes FDA-approved dermal fillers in a safe, comfortable, sterile environment where patient health and happiness are the top priorities. Our highly-trained and exceptionally friendly staff are here to listen to your concerns and provide honest and useful information about your options. Dr. Fiala is here to carefully assess your problem areas, enabling him to determine which options will best produce the results you desire.
With over 20 years in practice, our board-certified plastic surgeon is recognized as one of the most impressive in the area. He has been voted by patients as “Orlando’s Best Plastic Surgeon” in Orlando Magazine for several years and has been awarded the “Patients’ Choice” and “Compassionate Physician” awards from Vitals.com repeatedly. Trusted, experienced, effective, and caring, Dr. Fiala welcomes an opportunity to meet with you and listen to your concerns, allowing him to offer frank and straightforward advice as he works with you to find the most effective treatments.
Contact Fiala Aesthetics
Fiala Aesthetics is located in Altamonte Springs. Dr. Fiala and our Med Spa Staff welcome patients from Maitland, Winter Park, Orlando, Edgewood, Belle Isle, and all surrounding areas of Florida. To schedule a consultation, please call 407-339-3222 today!
Back to Top